STEM Generation Sponsor Package Next Steps
After your sponsorship payment is received:
STEP 1: Schedule a meeting with Leslie Marshall, Interim Executive Director, and Wendy Wempe, Founder, to finalize the Sponsor Package Summary Sheet that we email to you.
STEP 2: Email your company’s logo as PNG file and company’s Logo Use Guidelines/Agreement to email@example.com
STEP 3: Keep an eye out for a emails from us that you can use to solicit diversely-represented STEM-skilled employees to engage in Diverse STEM Stories and other programs.
Diverse STEM Stories FAQs
What do our employees need to do to register for Diverse STEM Stories?
Your diversely-represented STEM-skilled guest speakers will register prior to the given event deadline through the Diverse STEM Stories Presenter Registration Page. When they register, they will answer questions and provide needed information that will appear as part of their profiles on both the:
After they submit their registration, guest speakers will use the provided Diverse STEM Stories online scheduler to select two 50-minute time slots during one scheduled month (or event) that work best for their schedules. Prior to the event, guest speakers prepare for the event using the Presenter User’s Guide we provide to them.
What is the time commitment for each guest speaker?
The total time commitment for each of your STEM-skilled guest speakers is a total of 2.5 hours:
- 15 minutes to prepare materials for their registration
- 30-minutes of prep using our shared Diverse STEM Stories Presenter’s Guide
- Two individual 50 minute Diverse STEM Stories sessions, each session may have up to 3 different classrooms attending.
- 5 minutes to provide their feedback using our Diverse STEM Stories Presenter’s Feedback Form
What type of swag items can you contribute?
Keep in mind the students you are supporting are from low-income communities, so practical swag items worth less than $2 per item can go a long way: stickers, pencils, pens, rulers, folders, binders, canvas bags, etc.
The total number of swag needed will be discussed when we meet to review the Sponsor Package Summary sheet. Please plan on donating approximately 100-200 swag items per STEM-skilled guest speaker to ensure all students participating in the program receive swag.
What do we need to do to prepare to send the swag?
- For those sponsors who host a Philanthropic Team Kit Building event, STEM Generation will mail the assembled kits to the respective engaged classrooms.
- For those sponsors who do not host Philanthropic Team Kit Building event, the week following the Diverse STEM Stories Presenter deadline, we will confirm the following with you for each classroom planned to engage with your guest speaker:
- Teacher Name
- Mailing Address
- # Items for you to ship to the teacher
District-wide Science & Engineering Fair FAQs
What is the time commitment for judging during a district Science & Engineering Fair?
District-wide Science & Engineering Fairs generally take place either in January or May, depending on the districts’ preferred timing. The total time commitment for each judge is approximately 4 hours, plus driving time to and from the fair venue:
- 10 minutes: Register to judge during a select fair
- 30 minutes: Attend the required webcast or video: Instructions for Effectively Assessing Student Science & Engineering Fair Projects
- 3 hours: Assess students’ projects during the fair
- Driving time to and from the fair venue
- 10 minutes: Provide feedback
Philanthropic Team Kit Building Event FAQs
How many participants can you accommodate during the event?
Up to 100
What is the duration of the event?
30 minute set-up
45 minute implementation
15 minute clean-up
What is a typical event schedule?
|00:00 STEM Generation Intro
|00:15 Team Trivia Icebreaker
|00:25 Create inspiring personalized notes to students
|0:45 Stuff Bags with Swag & Cards
Who facilitates the event?
STEM Generation will facilitate the event. We require one sponsor employee to help support with the event setup and clean-up.
What event materials are required?
- Sponsor provides:
- Sponsor-branded stationary (i.e. fold-over cards and envelopes or note cards)
- Sponsor-branded swag
- Snacks and beverages
- STEM Generation will bring all other kit materials and supplies that participants need to build each kit
What is the Kit-building event process and timing?
STEP 1: At least 4 weeks prior to your preferred event date, schedule to confirm your event logistics.
STEP 2: At least 3 weeks prior to your event, confirm payment received.
STEP 3: 2 weeks prior to your scheduled event, we finalize the event logistics.
STEP 4: 1 hour before your event, we meet to set up the room with 1 of your employees’ help.
STEP 5: After your event, we deliver your assembled kits to the students engaged in the programming.