Inspire your students to see themselves through Diverse STEM Stories!
Register for time blocks that work with your schedule the first three weeks of:
November | February
“I most enjoyed the opportunity for my students to see how STEM professionals were just kids with a rock collection and how they grew up to be an expert in their field.”
Now is your Time
Engage your students in a 45-minute conversation with a diverse STEM professional. You will receive a lesson plan to prepare your students to effectively engage in with the STEM professional. Students will learn about the STEM professional’s journey to their STEM careers and about the work they do. Through their engagement, students identify with the diverse STEM role model so they can know, “Hey, I can be a STEM leader like her/him”.
What you will get
- Lesson Plan to prepare your student to effectively engage with the guest speaker webcast.
- Swag for each of your students from the STEM Role Model’s company.
- $50 Gift Card if you share signed media release forms and anonymous feedback and assessments with us.
How it works
- Complete the registration form with the information for the teacher who will moderate the student engagement at their school.
- Sign-up for one time slot per classroom.
- Check your inbox (and junk mail) for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that shares your next steps and links to resources to help you prepare.
- We will email you a link to your assigned STEM professional’s Diverse STEM Story bio webpage so you can prepare your students using the Lesson Plan.