the first weeks of
November & February
Hourly sessions 9am-2pm MST
Open K12 students’ worlds to STEM career options
Build K12 students’ diversely-represented STEM identities
Highlight your commitment to diversity and innovation in the STEM workforce
November 2022 Event Deadline: September 16, 2022
February 2023 Event Deadline: December 16, 2022
Your Guest Speakers’ Experience
Businesses, universities and membership organizations, give your diversely-represented, STEM-skilled employees, university students or organizations the opportunity to share their passion for their STEM paths and create awareness about your organization with K12 students and educators. The total time commitment for each of your STEM-skilled guest speakers is a total of 2.5 hours: 30-minutes of prep and two, individual 1-hour Diverse STEM Stories sessions, each with a different classroom.
Your engaged diversely-represented STEM guest speaker will be able to:
- Appreciate the efficiency of the registration process,
- Feel prepared and empowered to effectively engage with students at shared grade levels using our succinct guide and communication, and
- Experience firsthand, their clear impact on students when answering their wholesome, authentic and insightful questions.
2 Engagement sessions
100+ Students’ STEM identities created
250+ Hours of student learning
Your Organization’s Impact
- Each diversely-represented STEM-skilled guest speaker will make an impact on 50-100 students within their community.
- Each engaged STEM-skilled team member, will help strengthen corporate giving culture and create a more cohesive bond within the community.
- Engaged STEM employees will have the opportunity to increase awareness among students regarding your organization’s STEM options, which in turn, will help to create a more diverse STEM workforce pipeline and expanded talent pool.