Development Manager Job Description
January 25, 2021
STEM Generation has an exciting job opening for a Development Manager in Colorado. The mission of STEM Generation is to address inequities in early STEM learning opportunities. We do this by empowering teachers at high needs schools to inspire students to develop their leadership and STEM skills and identify as STEM capable. We teach and inspire the next generation of STEM innovators to identify as STEM-capable and to solve real-world problems by improving STEM literacy.
The Development Manager is an experienced, passionate and strategic fundraising professional who will support the Development team and the Board to achieve the organization’s development agenda around individual giving, events, volunteer and community engagement, and fundraising documentation for STEM Generation. This position requires an attitude of growth and learning, a strong aptitude of organization and communication, and a passion for supporting the work of STEM Generation.
This contracted, part-time position – 20 hours/week – will extend from the hire date through June 2021, with potential for continuation as a Full-Time employee thereafter. The Development Manager reports to the Executive Director, works virtually with the team, and is responsible for several core fundraising tasks, including:
- Coordinating all aspects of the STEM Generation annual Fundraising Event in September 2021.
- Cultivation of new partnerships while maintaining existing partnerships/relationships,
- Modifying our successful past grant applications as needed and submitting applications to small grants on our prospects list,
- Manage the implementation of our Fund Development Plan,
- Manage follow-up for donors, including correct and timely preparation of acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, and thank you notes following required and best practices,
- Develop any necessary stewardship practices, establishing consistent guidelines and procedures where needed, improving inefficient processes wherever possible,
- Assist with communications as needed including impact- and sponsor-related social media posts, impact reports, quarterly newsletters, events, and
- Support our Development & Marketing Committees.
There is tremendous growth opportunity for a high energy professional to take on additional tasks and projects in line with the organization’s mission and vision.
- 3-5 years of experience working in fundraising or sales including events, preferably with remote employees and teams.
- A successful track record in meeting your goals, securing new gifts, and developing long-term donor relationships
- English language fluency with confident public speaking, persuasive writing style, and energizing presentation skills.
- Ability to embrace change
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A high level of self-confidence, creativity, and self-motivation needed to undertake diverse responsibilities.
- An ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Project management systems, customer relationship management (CRM), social media platforms, Quickbooks, G Suite
- Worked in a fast-paced small company/startup environment where progress must be made on multiple projects at the same time.
- Open to working with the following digital platforms: FreedCamp, HootSuite, QGiv, Hubspot, Canva, and Google & Microsoft Office Apps.
- Flexing your self-organization and time management skills, identifying urgent vs. important tasks and prioritizing as needed.
- Being a team player and ready to step up to help support or champion projects.
- Working independently without direct supervision.
- Finding several solutions to a roadblock and being scrappy when you need to be.
- Giving or receiving constructive, timely, and appropriate feedback.
- Expressing a passion for STEM Generation’s mission with the ability to translate that excitement into compelling fundraising appeals.
- Being willing to accept other duties, big or small, as assigned by the Executive Director
In a desire to provide a range of STEM role models for the communities we serve, STEM Generation encourages and welcomes diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, STEM Generation does not discriminate in employment opportunities, policies or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our policy to employ persons on the basis of ability, experience, education, and character.
To apply, please send us an email through our Contact Page.