Keep your students engaged
during in-person or remote learning
with fun, hands-on STEM projects
using accessible house-hold items
Donated Professional Learning + STEM 3-project Kits
Field tested by Colorado teachers & students
Whole-child | Scaffolded | Process-based | STEM PBL
Students LOVE our STEM projects!
Parents and teachers can easily support learners at-home or in-school! Our whole-child, scaffolded, process-based, STEM PBL will help you to teach your students the process of doing science with minimal adult support. Each project aligns with and supplements the 2020 Colorado Academic Standards in Science using a 3D NGSS approach.
At STEM Generation, we proudly engage students by making STEM learning a delight!
When asked, “…how much fun did you have completing this lesson?”, students rated their experience with the STEM Mindfulness lesson as a 4.7 out of 5!
“I got to feel my heart and blood pulse in my wrist and it was kind of creepy and kind of cool.”
Donated Support & Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Online Professional Development for each project
- Teacher Lesson Plan for each project
- Pre- & Post-assessment
- Grading Rubrics
- Student Kit Contents (1 kit/student, 25+ kits/teacher)
- 3-prong, 2-pocket project folders
- Self-directed Project Worksheets (in Google Classroom)
- Student lessons for each project – English & Spanish
- Materials students need for each project.
View a Brief Program Presentation
How it Works
- If you accept the donated STEM Generation, Science Fair Fun resources, then we just ask that you only cover packing and handling of the kits ($35).
- You identify a single lead educator (teacher, instructional coach, other staff, etc.) at your school to lead the facilitation of the kits.
- Attend a virtual Professional Development session, either November 2020 or early February 2021.
- Choose to either pick up the kits or cover delivery charges ($35).
- Confirm your commitment to facilitate the In-class Project Kits.
- Up to 100 kits per school, meet the requests of every 4th-6th grade teacher at your school site.
- Additionally donate Science & Engineering Fair resources and support to your school if needed:
- Organize and implement a skills-based Science & Engineering Fair that highlights students’ skills they developed through the kits, and
- Utilize our network of diverse STEM professionals to serve as role models and assess students’ leadership skills and NGSS Science & Engineering Practices.
Take it from the pros
“STEM Generation’s Science Fair Fun programs lend significant value to the growth of DPS youth. … we welcome their support of our DPS educators to continue to work towards making equity a reality.”– Renee Belisle, DPS Team Lead Curriculum Specialist
“Science Fair Fun transformed the process we utilized to support students to excel in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. This resource provides a hands-on approach to teaching students to engage in meaningful personalized learning.” – Jim Havens, Principal, Kyffin Elementary School
“I had students leave the Science Fair so excited. They saw themselves as scientists for the first time. To see that spark in their eye and their desire to learn and to do something beyond themselves … was so excited for me as a teacher.” – Laurie McKibben, 5th Grade Teacher, Foothills Elementary School